I am pretty terrible at making resolutions and keeping them but I do make plans regularly and think about the future and the year ahead. There are a few things that need to happen (such as get a new job) and things I would like to happen. So here are my New Year’s Professional Resolutions and hopes for 2012.
1) Have at least two peer reviewed journal articles accepted
2) Be accepted for funding for further research;
Two different ones are in at the moment. A fellowship and a collaborative early career bid; fingers crossed!
3) Continue to engage with the public in Lancaster and ensure the impact ad accountability of my research and the research at Lancaster more generally
4) Extend and strengthen my academic networks using Twitter, managing PhD2Published and attending conferences
5) Last but not least; get (another) job (preferably a lectureship)
My current post ends in July and it is my hope and aspiration that a suitable lectureship comes along so I can continue to teach and research.
I’m hoping that having these things written here will motivate me more to achieve them. Wish me luck and have a fruitful 2012!